A commercially-minded software developer, with experience in scaling venture-backed startups.
Digital Fineprint - Junior Software DeveloperOctober - present
- Developed and deployed data-providing micro service applications in Python (using Flask) which provided over 50 data points to our core products.
- Developed authentication, search and backend-for-frontend applications using PHP (and Laravel framework).
- Developed our core React UI for DFPs main product, visualising over 120 data points in a modular design. This involved several refactoring efforts as the project developed.
- Interviewed over 15 candidates and hired 4 team mates.
- Lead sprint meetings (on rotation) and contributed ideas to our continued team, sprint and process improvement, leading to increased sprint output.
Code at Uni - Lead InstructorJune - present
- Lead Instructor on the Intro to HTML & CSS weekend course, teaching groups of 8-20 students two core web technologies and enabling them to develop and deploy a personal website.
General Assembly - Student Web DeveloperMay - July 2018
- Created and deployed 4 portfolio projects (available on GitHub).
Deliveroo - Sales, Marketing and Partnerships PositionsMay 2015 - August 2017
- Developed the strategy for Deliveroo’s digital partner program.
- Worked with marketing managers to grow affiliates across 5 markets.
- Managed over 100 partners driving both customer and rider acquisition.
- Closed our first ever global partnership with TripAdvisor that went live across all 12 global markets.
- Managed several mobile agencies and publishers in order to drive mobile leads in 10 markets.
- Managed a significant acquisition budget across 10 international markets.
- Executed the restaurant acquisition in the launch of Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Glasgow, acquiring over 100 new restaurant partners.
- Sourced and supported the national partnership with Yo! Sushi across the UK.
- Supported the ops, marketing and support functions during expansion.
YPlan - Partner Development ExecutiveJune 2014 - May 2015
- Managed all no-fee partners on the app as well as our VIP partnership with 02 Arena (with revenue targets).
- Executed partnership strategy in the launch of one new market, Edinburgh.
- Supported sales team in meetings, meeting preparation and analytics.
Back-end: Node.js (Express), Python (Flask), PHP (Laravel), Mongo DB
Other: Git, GitHub, BitBucket, AWS, Docker
General Assembly, Web Development Immersive Student
University of Nottingham, BA, Economics and Chinese Studies, 2:1
General Assembly, Day in the Life of a Developer, August 2019
General Assembly, Intro to Web Development, June 2019
Growth Mindset On Podcast, How to set your Mindset for Growth? Actionable Tips with Stevan Popovic, March 2019
You can contact me on email@example.com