A commercially-minded software developer, with experience in scaling venture-backed startups.
Digital Fineprint - Junior Software DeveloperOctober - present
- Developed and deployed data-providing micro service applications in Python (using Flask) which provided over 50 data points to our core products.
- Developed authentication, search and backend-for-frontend applications using PHP (and Laravel framework).
- Developed our core React UI for DFPs main product, visualising over 120 data points in a modular design. This involved several refactoring efforts as the project developed.
- Interviewed over 15 candidates and hired 4 team mates.
- Lead sprint meetings (on rotation) and contributed ideas to our continued team, sprint and process improvement, leading to increased sprint output.
Lead Instructor - Code at UniJune - present
- Lead Instructor on the Intro to HTML & CSS weekend course, teaching groups of 8-20 students two core web technologies and enabling them to develop and deploy a personal website.
General Assembly - Student Web DeveloperMay - July 2018
- Created and deployed 4 portfolio projects (available on GitHub).
Deliveroo - Sales, Marketing and Partnerships PositionsMay 2015 - August 2017
- Developed the strategy for Deliveroo’s digital partner program.
- Worked with marketing managers to grow affiliates across 5 markets.
- Managed over 100 partners driving both customer and rider acquisition.
- Closed our first ever global partnership with TripAdvisor that went live across all 12 global markets.
- Managed several mobile agencies and publishers in order to drive mobile leads in 10 markets.
- Managed a significant acquisition budget across 10 international markets.
- Executed the restaurant acquisition in the launch of Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Glasgow, acquiring over 100 new restaurant partners.
- Sourced and supported the national partnership with Yo! Sushi across the UK.
- Supported the ops, marketing and support functions during expansion.
YPlan - Partner Development ExecutiveJune 2014 - May 2015
- Managed all no-fee partners on the app as well as our VIP partnership with 02 Arena (with revenue targets).
- Executed partnership strategy in the launch of one new market, Edinburgh.
- Supported sales team in meetings, meeting preparation and analytics.
Back-end: Node.js (Express), Python (Flask), PHP (Laravel), Mongo DB
Other: Git, GitHub, BitBucket, AWS, Docker
General Assembly, Web Development Immersive Student
University of Nottingham, BA, Economics and Chinese Studies, 2:1
General Assembly, Day in the Life of a Developer, August 2019
General Assembly, Intro to Web Development, June 2019