Thailand, March 2018March 20th, 2018
I spent two weeks in Thailand, mainly in the southern islands.
2-5 March – Phuket
5-8 March – Koh Phi Phi
8-11 March – Koh Lanta
12-14 March – Krabi
15 March – Bangkok
- European Influence – I felt the European influence in Thailand more so than the other SE Asian countries. Perhaps its simply because it’s been open to tourism for longer. Particularly surprising was the Swedish influence in Koh Lanta which was almost complete – with Swedish schools and day care centers.
- Koh Phi Phi
- Definitely do the island hopping tours from here – beautiful.
- Ibiza House throws a pool party a few times a week; well worth going.
- Nightlife: In general everyone makes their way to the beach bars where there are 3 or 4 bars/clubs side by side and they are all busy until late. Kongsiam is a great bar for live music earlier in the night (8-11pm).
- Restaurant: Grand PP Arcade was a great restaurant. Food was tasty, service was always good and very decently priced.
- Koh Lanta
- Hostel: King Kong hostel was a good hostel in Krabi town (but note that most people stay toward the beach, not Krabi town itself).
Sometimes critised for being ‘too touristy’, Thailand remains a beautiful country to visit. The islands in and around Phi Phi are amazing (as good as those in Ha Long Bay, Vietnam or Palawan, Philipines) and the general vibe makes for a very fun holiday destination.
Other Traveling Notes
Posted in Notes